UN Youth UN Volunteer UNDP Pakistan
- UNV Assignment Title: UN Civic Education Youth Volunteer
- Type of Assignment: National UN Youth Volunteer
- Duration: 6 months
- Location, Country: Peshawar, Lahore, Karachi and Quetta, Pakistan
- Expected Starting Date: January 2017
- Application Process:
To apply for this assignment, please access the link http://apply.unv.org.pk and fill the online form and submit following the instructions. You will need to attach your detailed CV and write a personal statement (in English – not more than 300 words) describing your suitability for this assignment.
Deadline of the application: December 20, 2016.
- Description of tasks:
- Under the direct supervision of Civic & Voter Education Officer and the Young Professional Officer, the UN Civic Education Youth Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Attend orientation and training of trainer’s session on civic education;
- Identify schools, colleges, universities and communities to conduct civic education sessions/activities/trainings;
- Liaise with Civic and Voter Education Officer and/or Young Professional Officer to effectively plan, coordinate and conduct civic education sessions/activities/trainings
- Liaise with school/college/university faculty and community leaders/elders to coordinate and conduct civic education sessions/activities/trainings,
- Plan, coordinate and conduct at least one civic education session/activity/training per week as per work plan with local universities and communities;
- Develop effective distribution plan for civic education material in communities and schools;
- Distribute civic education materials in schools and communities;
- Provide monthly report and end of assignment report to the Civic and Voter Education Officer and/or Young Professional Officer on coordinated and implemented activities;
- Provide photographs of activities conducted with schools , colleges, universities and communities;
- Perform any other related duties as assigned by the Civic and Voter Education Officer Furthermore, UN Youth Volunteers are required to:
- Strengthen their knowledge and understanding of the concept of volunteerism by reading relevant UNV and external publications and take active part in UNV activities (for instance in events that mark International Volunteer Day);
- Be acquainted with and build on traditional and/or local forms of volunteerism in the host country;
- Reflect on the type and quality of voluntary action that they are undertaking, including participation in ongoing reflection activities;
- Contribute articles/write-ups on field experiences and submit them for UNV publications/websites, newsletters, press releases, etc.;
- Assist with the UNV Buddy Programme for newly-arrived UN Youth Volunteers;
- Promote or advise local groups in the use of online volunteering, or encourage relevant local individuals and organizations to use the UNV Online Volunteering service whenever technically possible.
- The incumbent must be a dynamic, multi-functional person, who supports the project with professionalism, dedication and client orientation. The following qualifications are required:
- Currently enrolled in at least the second year of a bachelor degree in the social sciences field
- Good analytical and report writing skills;
- Effective communications and interpersonal skills;
- Effective organizational, coordination and time management skills;
- Be able to work independently and as part of a team;
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications and standard computer use and Previous experience in community, volunteering and youth engagement will be considered an asset;
- Commitment to UN core values of integrity, professionalism, and respect for diversity.
- Motivated to contribute towards peace and development and to serve others;
- Flexible and open to learning and new experiences;
- Respect for diversity and adaptability to other cultures, environments and living conditions;
- Conditions of Service National UN Youth Volunteer
A 6 month contract; with subsequent contract extensions subject to availability of funding, operational necessity and satisfactory performance. However, there is no expectation of renewal of the assignment. Travel to duty station (if applicable) and a Settling-In-Grant will be provided in the event duty station is not within commuting distance from the place of recruitment. A Volunteer Living Allowance (VLA) of PKR 47,168 is provided monthly to cover housing, utilities and normal cost of living expenses. Life, health and permanent disability insurance are included, as well as final repatriation (if applicable) and resettlement allowance for satisfactory service.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.