The Higher Education Commission of Pakistan launched the National Digital Library in February 2004. DL provides researchers within public and private universities in Pakistan and non-profit research and development organizations with access to international scholarly literature based on electronic (online) delivery, providing access to high quality, peer-reviewed journals, databases, articles and e-Books across a wide range of disciplines.FUUAST University Libraries has access to the following online resources:
American Society of Agricultural And Biological Engineers (ASABE)
ASABE Technical Library includes a range of content including journals, textbook materials, monographs, standards and proceedings as well as the important reference work-in-progress, Design Topics. (More Info…)
AMERICAN ASSOCIATION OF PHYSICS TEACHERS
- Two AAPT publications provide up to date physics knowledge, at a level comprehensible for many users.
- AAPT publications assist in the learning of new and traditional teaching methodologies and the use of modern technology in Physics.(More Info…)
ASSOCIATION OF COMPUTING MACHINERY
- The ACM contains full-text from 28 ACM Journals and Transactions, 10 ACM Magazines, over 40 ACM Special Interest Newsletters, 15 non-ACM journal and publications and over 100 annual conference proceedings.
- Content strengths include all areas of Information Technology, with full archival content for all ACM publications.(More Info…)
- Duke University Press publishes more than thirty periodicals that span a range of disciplines within the humanities and social sciences. Disciplines within the humanities and sciences: from East Asian cultural studies to French history, from lesbian and gay studies to mathematics and the history of economic thought, from feminism, culture and media studies to medieval and early modern studies.
- E-brary offers a wide variety of multidisciplinary content. It acquires large number of titles from leading academic publishers.(More Info…)
- Subject Collection
- Computers and IT
- Business and Management
- Social and Behavioral Sciences
- Language & Literature
- Emerald is a dynamic database comprising over 150 titles in the fields of “Management, Information Science and Engineering.
- The Emerald full text collection features over 58,000 articles from titles published by Emerald.
- Flagship titles such as Management Decision, European Journal of Marketing, Journal of Documentation, Leadership & Organization Development Journal, The TQM Magazine and Industrial Robot.(More Info…)
IET Digital library
IET digital library offers over 20 research journals and letters in electrical and electronic engineering Electrical including Telecommunications; Power; Control; Radar; Circuits; Materials; Life sciences related research & IT. 10 of IET digital library journals are impact factor. (More Info…)
INSTITUTE FOR OPERATIONS RESEARCH AND THE MANAGEMENT SCIENCES (INFORMS)
- The Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS) is the largest professional society in the world for professionals in the field of operations research (O.R.).
- INFORMS publishes 12 scholarly journals that describe the latest O.R. methods and applications and a membership magazine with news from across the profession.(More Info…)
INSTITUTE OF ELECTRICAL & ELECTRONICS ENGINEERS (IEEE)
- Provides access to almost a third of the world’s current Electrical Engineering and Computer Science literature.
- IEL provides full-text access to 132 IEEE and 45 IEE journals, magazines, transactions and conference proceedings as well as active IEEE standards.(More Info…)
MC-GRAW HILL COLLECTIONS
Following collections of Mc-Graw Hill are subscribed:
NRC Research Press Journals Online
- Online Journals in a broad range of research area. It provides full text of 16 online journals with back files dating back to 2001 in most cases.(More Info…)
- Project MUSE provides access to 430 full-text journals from 108 publishers in humanities and social science. MUSE pricing meets library needs around the world.(More Info…)
- Royal College publishes Clinical Medicine journal and it is read by leading physicians in hospitals across the world. It features articles covering original research, current issues, ethics, law, clinical governance and audit, and also reports on prestigious College lectures and conferences.(More Info…)
- Provides access to the full text of the prestigious Science publication.
- It allows users to search within Science and across a multitude of scientific journals.
- Provided to selected public-sector universities in Pakistan on the basis of identified research requirements.(More Info…)
- One of the world’s leading information services for Science, Technical and Medical journals.
- SpringerLink provides access to 503 full-text Springer-Verlag Journals and 738 full-text journals formerly published by Kluwer Academic Publishing.(More Info…)
- Taylor & Francis has grown rapidly over the last two decades to become a leading international academic publisher.
- More than 1000 journal titles in a full range of disciplines.(More Info…)
- Founded in 1891, the University of Chicago Press was conceived by President William Rainey Harper as an “organic part” of the University, extending the influence of Chicago scholars around the world.
- Today the Journals Division of the Press distributes nearly 50 journals and hardcover serials, presenting original research from international scholars in the social sciences, humanities, education, biological and medical sciences, and physical sciences.(More Info…)
- Since the Blackwell-Synergy merger with Wiley-Interscience, all the journals available to HEC consortium are now available through Wiley-Interscience.
- Online database containing over 1,234 journals in science, technology, medicine, humanities and social sciences.(More Info…)
- The World Bank e-Library is an electronic portal to the World Bank’s full-text collection of books, reports/working papers, journals and other documents on social and economic development. E-Library is fully searchable by subject, region, keyword, title, author, abstract, or year of publication.(More Info…)
- 47 leading international medical Journals available through “High-wire Press”, without any registration
The Pakistan Research Repository is a project of the Higher Education Commission to promote the international visibility of research originating out of institutes of higher education in Pakistan. The aim of this service is to provide a single-entry access point.
The repository which is currently being populated with content has already made the full-text of over 550 PhD. theses available in high-quality digitized format, whilst a further 200 have been digitized and are in the process of being uploaded onto repository and made available through the web.