Eligibility Criteria (Phase-III)-Ongoing
- Students enrolled till June 30, 2016 but not earlier than their respective program duration as per the table below:
|S. No.||Program||Duration (Max.)||Enrolment after|
|1.||PhD||5 years||June 30, 2011|
|2.||MS/ MPhil||2 years||June 30, 2014|
|3.||MBA 1.5/ 2.5/ 3.5||1.5/ 2.5/ 3.5 years||Dec. 31, 2014/ Dec. 31, 2013/ Dec. 31, 2012|
|4.||Masters (16 year education)||2 years||June 30, 2014|
|5.||Bachelors||4/ 5 years||June 30, 2012/ June 30, 2011|
|6.||Diploma of Associate Engineering||3 Years||June 30, 2013|
|7.||FA/ FSc (Only for FATA and ICT regions)||2 Years||June 30, 2014|
*Only Students enrolled in colleges located in FATA and Islamabad Capital Territory Region
- Students studying in public sector Universities/ Degree Awarding Institutes duly recognized by HEC.
- Students enrolled in PhD/ MS/ MPhil or equivalent 18 year program
- Students enrolled in 1 or 2-year Master’s degree program (morning and evening)
- Student enrolled in 4-year or 5-year Bachelor degree program (morning and evening)
- Students studying as distant learner in Virtual University of Pakistan or Allama Iqbal Open University.
- Students studying in government degree or postgraduate colleges of Federal Capital and Federally Administered Tribal Areas.
- Students of degree colleges of other provinces may be covered from respective provincial arrangements (if any)
- Students’ eligibility and enrolment status as defined above shall be determined on the day of distribution of laptops at the HEI, however if there is any unforeseen delay causing ineligibility of students, then those students having their online application submitted and “Accepted for Merit” will maintain their eligibility intact.
- Criteria for Students enrolled in distance learning program at VU and AIOU, and students of polytechnic institutes of Pakistan and AJK shall be defined in coordination with respective universities/ boards and will be updated accordingly.
- No laptop shall be issued to those who have availed in the past from such initiative(s) taken by the government or by the higher education institute.
Please Note: Following students will NOT be eligible for laptops under this scheme:
- Students of any private sector higher education institutes
- Students of any government degree & postgraduate colleges except of Federal Capital and FATA
- Students who have received a laptop under any Federal or Provincial Government scheme
- Foreign nationals, except students from AJK and Indian Occupied Kashmir
- Any other students not listed above and/ or as identified and decided by the Steering Committee.
Distribution Criteria: BUTION CRITERIA
The distribution criteria for the award of laptops is defined as follow:
- Provincial distribution corresponding to enrolment share, proportionate to the overall enrolment of students in the higher education institutes, excluding students covered under below categories.
- Full coverage to enrolled PhD, MPhil, MS or equivalent program students in any public sector HEI.
- 5% Quota for distant learners/ students of each Virtual University & Allama Iqbal Open University.
- 5% Quota for students studying in Government Polytechnic institutes or Government College of Technology.
- 5% Quota for students of degree and postgraduate colleges of Federal Capital and Federally Administered Tribal Areas.
- Remaining laptops for students studying in Bachelor and Master (16 year) program of public sector higher education institutes, this includes students of Waiting List from previous year distribution and new admissions between July 2014 and June 2015.
Note: Distribution at each level as referred above will follow inter merit.